DJ Deaundre's #TBT Five Picks of the Week

DJ De'Aundré's Top 5 TBT Edition 
1."One In A Million" by Aaliyah
"Your love is a one in a million it goes on and on and on you give me a really good feelin' all day long." That is how this song makes me feel every time I listen to is my it. Aaliyah is my favorite singer personally and I barely choose favorites. This song is mostly about telling your boyfriend or girlfriend how much you mean to them and that their love is only one in a million. If only Aaliyah were alive today she would continue to speak to us with her music and she's in our deepest prayers. #R.I.P
2."No Scrubs" by TLC
"I don't want no scrubs. A scrub is a guy that can't get no love from me hangin' out the passenger side of his best friend's ride tryin' to holla at me." When I hear this song I have no choice but to sing along to it because it shows that women don't have to settle for less when it comes to finding a man/lover. T-Boz, Left Eye, and Chilli really give off that female empowerment vibe and they tell real messages in their music that we should apply to our everyday lives.



3."The Boy Is Mine" by Brandy and Monica
"You need to give it up had about enough it's not hard to see the boy is mine. I'm sorry that you seemed to be confused he belongs to me the boy is mine." First off Brandy and Monica are the best thing since Destiny's Child. These two amazing singers work so well together that they should work together permanently. This song was originally written about a typical love triangle on Jerry Springer and it made me think that no woman should have to fight for a man that is unfaithful because it's stupid and it makes you look desperate and that is never a good look for a woman.


4."We Are The World" by Michael Jackson/25 for Haiti


"We are the world. We are the children. We are the ones who make a brighter day so lets start giving." I sat down with my mom to discuss which version of the song was better, the original which was for starving citizens in Africa or the remake which was for the earthquake in Haiti she ended up winning but we came to a mutual agreement. I kind of like the original version with all those old singers that I didn't know because it was when it first came out and there was a lot of emotion so to speak. But I love the remake because it had not only people i knew but it had the same amount of emotion which let me know that no matter how old a song is it still has the same affect on someone. It also had a rap in it that basically said says we're all in this together and that we're all connected and we all need to come together for this cause.


5."Heaven Sent" by Keyshia Cole
"I wanna be the one who you believe in your heart is sent from." This song speaks to me romantically because it says that if you meet the right person for you you'll think that they are. Keyshia Cole did an excellent job with this song I mostly Like the intro with the guitar and throughout the song, you hear a violin and it makes it seem more emotional.

No comments:

Post a Comment

EASTERN GUILFORD HIGH SCHOOL NEWSPAPER. ALL RIGHT RESERVED. | DESIGN BY COLOR CRUSH CREATIVE