The World Wide Hunger Problem - Feed the Hunger Organization


     World hunger is problem that affects our world in a horrific way.  There are more than 925 million undernourished people in the world. Hunger is a problem not only in our community but all over the world.This subject means a lot to me because of how I live on a day to day basis during the day I have 3 or more meals breakfast,lunch and dinner and sometimes an extra snack. Some people in the world only have one meal a day and it is very little. While most american families don't have to worry about feeding themselves or having clean water some families do worry about those things in our country and all over the world. An organization that i know and love and have volunteered for helps try to change the world by sending nutrient filled food through out our community and to third world country including Haiti, Africa and many other countries.Feed the hunger is a faith based organization that I have personally volunteered for in the past and would love to again. 

Interesting things you may want to know about feed the hunger organization:

  • Feed the hunger is a faith based organization. 
  • Feed the hunger packages food to send to local families as well as people worldwide.
  • This organization not only strives to feed hungry people but they seek to provide sustainable meals to meet all the nutritional needs of the people 
  • Feed the hunger not only wants to feed the hunger for food  but create a hunger for a spiritual relationship with GOD.
  •  This organization packs nonperishable food in efficiently sealed bags
  • You can sign up for a packathon,a packathon is a mass packing  of food to send worldwide. 
  • Each person who volunteers at a packathon feeds child for a whole school year.
  • Each pack that is made contains vegetables soy or beans vitamins and rice
  • each meal costs .27 cents to produce and ship
  • Wants to feed physical spiritual and educational hunger for all people who receive these packages
  • feedthehunger.org check out this website for more information.

  The closest location for us is in Burlington NC. This organization believes that before we send food to other countries we should at least take care of home first meaning that they also send food to local families and shelters.Although there are people suffering all over the world from hunger there are people in the triad also suffering from hunger.Nearly 16,000 children die from hunger related causes everyday.Here in Guilford County we have 1,717 homeless children we're one of the leading areas in the country experiencing hunger.Since the recession began 2 1/2 years ago, the need for food assistance has grown by 33% in Greensboro. Feed the huger does the same thing for each local place they visit as the different countries they travel to and help. Feed the hunger continued to Deliver labeled packages sharing their ministry with all who may need it.wfmynews2.com

  HOW THIS ASSIGNMENT CHANGED ME:
When I started this assignment I wasn't sure what to do, and I didn't know what really made me tick and want to make difference but after thinking and I mean really thinking, I finally decided on world hunger. Not just starving people and hungry children, but how many people actually suffer from this and how I could make a change. I then begin to remember the time I volunteered for an organization that changed my perspective on life. Feed the hunger came to my church and I wasn't sure what to think. After a two hour shift of fun and packaging, I was sure I had made a difference in a child's life and this overjoyed me. When I was working on this assignment, I thought back to what it felt like to be doing something for a child or their family I didn't even know. I thought about how I might be saving a person's life somewhere and that feeling was indescribable . This assignment helped me share what a excellent charity i had volunteered for and how someone else could help too . This assignment made me feel like I had made a difference and can continue to make a difference. I think at Eastern we could set up a date to volunteer with this organization when they come to Greensboro again and hopefully we could get a team together and show some Wildcat Pride.








No comments:

Post a Comment

EASTERN GUILFORD HIGH SCHOOL NEWSPAPER. ALL RIGHT RESERVED. | DESIGN BY COLOR CRUSH CREATIVE